2016 Stella Bella Chardonnay
The most critical site selection is applied to vineyard sites for growing Stella Bella Chardonnay. Each location adds to the complexity of the wine due to the soils, aspect, clones and microclimates unique to the respective sites. Applied to this rich collection of unique vineyards is the inspiration and skill of our winemaking team that draws upon traditional Burgundian winemaking methods and the use of fine grain French oak to craft a layered, flavoursome and complex wine with the capacity to age gracefully.
90 Points - Decanter Wine Awards 2017
Bright pale straw.
An expressive and complex nose with a perfect balance of fresh fruit and savoury complexity. Aromas of freshly crushed lime, nectarine, peach fuzz, and candle wax lift out of the glass. Balanced by subtle roasted hazelnut and flinty aromas from barrel fermentation in the finest quality French oak.
The delicious and intense fruit combination continues on the palate, with our signature spring water, mineral acidity. This creates focused length, with phenolic drive. Not too heavy, nor too light, the textural finish has a lingering nuttiness and complexity that will have you wanting more…
Char-Grilled Chicken with Prosciutto and Peaches
Now to 2026.
Tasting Note Download
- 2016 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note
- 2015 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note
- 2014 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note
- 2013 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note
- 2012 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note
- 2011 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note
- 2010 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note
- 2009 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note
- 2008 Stella Bella Chardonnay Tasting Note