2015 Stella Bella Tempranillo
The most famous traditional and contemporary wines of Spain are made from the ‘black' grape variety Tempranillo. Its name is the diminutive of the Spanish word temprano (early), a reference to the fact that it is an early ripening variety, even in Margaret River. A curiously large berried, very fleshy grape with over abundant tannin, probably due to its thick skin. In the temperate maritime climate of the Margaret River region Tempranillo retains its natural acidity and a varietal elegance in this medium to full bodied red wine style.
Deep red with purple hues.
A rich and fruit driven wine. Ripe and spicy aromas of mulberry, plum, cinnamon and star anise are given a toasty complexity from the oak.
The concentrated core of plums and cherries is complemented by the sweetness of blueberries and mulberries, a perfect balance of fruit and acid. This wine is dense and juicy with grippy, brick dust tannins building and driving the palate.
Chicken Paella – Jamie Oliver.
Now to 2025.
Download Tasting Notes
- 2015 Stella Bella Tempranillo Tasting Note
- 2014 Stella Bella Tempranillo Tasting Note
- 2013 Stella Bella Tempranillo Tasting Note
- 2012 Stella Bella Tempranillo Tasting Note
- 2010 Stella Bella Tempranillo Tasting Note
- 2009 Stella Bella Tempranillo Tasting Note
- 2008 Stella Bella Tempranillo Tasting Note