2013 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon
The Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon is a single vineyard wine and as such expresses the specific vineyard site in each season. Over time and vintages the wines become an archive, or a chronology of the events of the seasons, and capture the uniqueness of the site, allowing all to witness the development of the wine’s style and personality. From Augusta in the very south of the Margaret River region, the wine is a classic, complex and unique example of Margaret River’s signature regional Cabernet Sauvignon.
Awards & Reviews
The nose is strikingly perfumed with the emphasis on red fruit, opening up with cherry, raspberry and a violet lift. Savoury forest and earthy elements combine with a certain saltiness from the Southern Ocean. The background expression of subtle vanillin from selected Tronçais French oak barrels integrates well with the bright fruit flavours.
Medium bodied in the mouth, finely balanced with a persistence of flavour, showing the elegance of this cooler vineyard site. This wine’s classic velvety, soft tannins are supple and silky, providing a linear transition from the front to the back of the palate, finishing with a salivating acidity. This vintage with more fruit from the vineyard’s older block is showing a more structural mouthfeel and weight, with an abundance of red fruit from the younger block carrying through on to the palate.
100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Beef Tagliata with rocket and parmesan.
Enjoy now and over the next 20 years.
Download Tasting Note
- 2013 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Note
- 2012 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Note
- 2011 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Note
- 2010 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Note
- 2009 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Note
- 2008 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Note
- 2007 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Note
- 2005 Suckfizzle Cabernet Sauvignon Tasting Note